What is Soap Nut Shell?
The soap nut comes from the Soap nut Tree. The trees produce the small black berry, approximately one inch (2-2.5 cm) in diameter, that are deseeded and the shell is dried prior to use. The shells used for detergent contain something called spooning, which works as a natural attractant.
Soap nuts shell is a macadamia-sized berry which is cracked open and dried in the sun, producing a dark golden 'shell'. These shells can be placed into your washing machine instead of detergent and fabric softener, and will leave your clothes clean, soft and without scent Soap nuts are most commonly used as a laundry detergent.
They are used instead of chemical detergents and fabric softeners. Soap nut shells are used simply on their own in a cotton bag or lone sock tied at the top and put into the machine with your clothes. They do not need to be removed during the rinse cycle as there is no harmful or irritating residue as is left over from normal detergents. The surfactants in the nuts clean and soften your laundry in one economic and environmentally friendly swoop.
How do I use them?
To use them in your washing machine, place 3-6 whole soap nut shells India in cotton wash bag (or odd sock) and place it in the washing machine with your washing. You will need to use more shells for larger loads, heavy soiling or where hard water is used. You need fewer shells in smaller loads or in water efficient machines. Soap nuts don’t need to be removed during the rinse cycle and there is no harmful or irritating residue as is left over by normal detergents. Your soap nuts can be reused 4-6 times or longer in cold water, before composting them in your garden.
Uses of Soap Nut Shell
The process by which Soap Nuts clean your clothes is naturally quite simple. The Soap Nut shells India contain natural spooning that works as a surfactant, making the water “wetter” and allowing it to penetrate the fibers of your clothing, working away the dirt, keeping it in suspension in the water until it’s drained away, taking the dirt with it. Soap Nut shells are natural, organic and environmentally friendly. They are a natural alternative to all kinds of detergents, soaps, cleaners and shampoos and are ideal as a chemical free natural detergent in washing machines.
Uses of soap nut shell are given below:
• Washing the clothes
• Uses as a bathing liquid soap and shampoo for allergic or sensitive skins
• Uses as shampoo
• Uses as medical purpose
• Uses as cracked heels
• Uses for pet
• Uses for jewelers cleaning
• Uses as pesticide
• Uses as mosquito repellent
Benefits of Soap nut shell
If you're not yet convinced of their benefits or how to use soap nuts, the following information should answer some of your questions:
• Sustainable: It's a renewable resource, easily grown organically.
• All Natural: No funky or harmful ingredients.
• Eco-Friendly: Less processing, less energy and less packaging.
• Affordable: They can replace multiple cleaners, and last longer.
• Reusable: Each berry can be used up to 6 times before it's spent.
• Hypoallergenic: No skin or respiratory irritation and non-toxic.
• Not Actually Nuts: They're totally safe for those with nut allergies.
• Simple: Throw them in your wash or make a simple liquid detergent.
• Odorless: But you can always add your own essential oils.
• Gentle: Their mild nature won't damage delicate clothing or surfaces.
• No Fabric Softener: They naturally soften your fabrics!
• Save Water: They rinse easier so require less water.
• Save Energy: You can use a shorter rinse cycle in your laundry, too.
• Front-loading Friendly: No suds are perfect for HE machines.
• Works in Any Temperature: Use them in cold, warm or hot water.
• Non-polluting: 100% biodegradable and safe for gray water systems.
• Compostable: Used shells can be thrown in your compost.
• Self-sufficient: You can even grow a soap nut tree yourself!
• Countless Uses: Look below for a few ideas on how to use soap nuts in your own home.